After a long run, it’s hard to resist the urge to eat everything in sight, much like how it’s hard to resist the pull of a toxic romantic relationship.
Just like a long run can leave you feeling exhausted and drained, a toxic relationship can also drain you of your energy and sense of self.
And just as a post-run snack can provide a much-needed energy boost, a toxic partner can also temporarily provide a rush of excitement and validation.
Find out how to break the run a lot and eat everything in sight mentality and more on this episode of trees and dlake.
Listen below or on your favorite podcast player
What You Will Learn & Highlights
- Finding out if your body is dehydrated, hungry or tired.
- The power of protein for satiation post run
- Good fats
- Keeping your brain and body busy
- The thin line between over and under fueling
- The benefits of counting calories for a few days
- The 20 min post-meal rule
- Eating whole foods
- and more!
- The body often mistakes hunger, thirst and fatigue
- The killer is when you sit down after a run and don’t know what to do next, so you eat
- When you start running, you tend to eat more than you’ve burned
- Some people can eat whatever they want and not gain weight – that is not me.
- The 20 min rule: 20 mins after eating, I ask myself if I’m hungry. If not, don’t eat more.
- The best 8 real foods for run recovery
- 11 ways to stop overeating after a workout
- Mike Trees Instagram
- DLake Runs Instagram
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER – SPONSOR
Like what you’re reading/hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sports and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular!
NRG COACHING (MIKE TREES) – SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by NRG – Coaching which is Mike Trees’ coaching service. Mike coaches beginners to pros and all levels in between.
No one is too fast and no one too slow. They just want a desire to learn and improve.
They focus on 1,500m to marathon running and triathlon training.
NRG Coaching is constantly overbooked, so Instagram and this new podcast venture gives Mike and the rest of his NRG coaching team a way to reach out to more people.
Contact mike and his team NRG-COACHING.com for more info