When you see a runner with perfect running form, what do you think?
- Damn, they look fast, how can I look like that?
- How efficient are they at injury prevention??
- Is that running form by winning the genetic lottery or did they work at it?
- Do they do drills to look that good?
Well, you might not think those things, but I sure as hell do. Listen on to find out more!
Listen below or on your favorite podcast player
What You Will Learn & Highlights
- Butt kicks uphill – get foot placed correctly
- high knee uphill – helps with getting knee up to shorten lever and running
- Bounders uphill – help with longer stride length
- Ankling/ankle overs – faster turnover
- and more!
“While you won’t kick your butt in a race butt kicks are great for stability, not landing side to side, uphill adds strength.”
“We do tend to do things we are good at, but should do things we are bad at. Because we are bad at them means we might need to do them more.”
“Bounding isn’t about speed, it’s about length. the more air the better. it’s functional plyometrics training.”
“High knees bring the knee up high, push the knee up from the ground on your foot and strengthen up the calf and achilles”
- Use run form drills and plyometrics to become an injury-free monster
- Dan Lieberman busts exercising myths
- More running drills from strength running (Jason Fitzgerald)
- Mike Trees Instagram
- DLake Runs Instagram
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER – SPONSOR
Like what you’re reading/hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sports and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular!
NRG COACHING (MIKE TREES) – SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by NRG – Coaching which is Mike Trees’ coaching service. Mike coaches beginners to pros and all levels in between.
No one is too fast and no one too slow. They just want a desire to learn and improve.
They focus on 1,500m to marathon running and triathlon training.
NRG Coaching is constantly overbooked, so Instagram and this new podcast venture gives Mike and the rest of his NRG coaching team a way to reach out to more people.
Contact mike and his team NRG-COACHING.com for more info