A few learnings/blogs/podcasts back, we talked about the four tips when coming back from injury.
Now let’s talk about the long and bumpy road to actually connecting the dots and running your best times once you’ve gotten through that initial injury recovery period.
Listen, read or watch to learn more.
Listen below or on your favorite podcast player
What You Will Learn & Highlights
- You develop new mental toughness
- You have something new to track
- You get to learn the basics (this is a good thing)
- and more!
- “Get good medical advice. Some doctors don’t like sports and may say “you got injured running, don’t do it anymore” – That isn’t good for everyone.”
- “When I got injured I got to go back to the basics which forces me to slow down and do other things that I enjoy.”
- “Once you’re injured – Don’t lose that aerobic base. If you can, just keep moving without pain.”
- “I think my longevity in this sport is because I’m not mentally tough. It makes me not overdo it.”
- The running room
- 10 weeks to stronger running app developed by Physio Sam Shearman
- David Goggins – Stay hard
- Mike Trees Instagram
- DLake Runs Instagram
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER – SPONSOR
Like what you’re reading/hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sports and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular!
NRG COACHING (MIKE TREES) – SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by NRG – Coaching which is Mike Trees’ coaching service. Mike coaches beginners to pros and all levels in between.
No one is too fast and no one too slow. They just want a desire to learn and improve.
They focus on 1,500m to marathon running and triathlon training.
NRG Coaching is constantly overbooked, so Instagram and this new podcast venture gives Mike and the rest of his NRG coaching team a way to reach out to more people.
Contact mike and his team NRG-COACHING.com for more info