So you’ve decided to take on an athletic challenge – you’ve entered that bike sportif, triathlon or adventure race – now you just need the gear! The question is, do you need to drop thousands of dollars on the latest and greatest in carbon, aero, digitally enabled equipment? Tune in to find out.
If you like what you hear you can rate and subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts.
Daren’s DIY Time Trial Bike Build Stats
- Brand New Aluminum Frame – $150
- Wheels & Tyres (were sourced off another bike built separately) – $700
- Aero Rear Disc Cover – $90
- Black Spray Paint – $10
- Shimano 105/Ultegra/Dura Ace Groupset – $200
- Other Accessories (Sourced from other bikes; Garmin, Water bottle holders, Saddle, etc.) $Free.99 – $150
- Total = $1300 and he consistently beats a lot of guys that have $5,000+ bikes