[Download the free full transcription pdf here or scroll to bottom]
If you want to learn how to run your best marathon, you should listen to this episode.
Sometimes running your best might not be your fastest. I had a very chill and deep conversation with a runner’s life podcast host, The Marathon Marcus.
Ironically enough, his podcasting skills enabled him to poke some holes at some of my questions and assumptions. I love this and personally learned a lot from it. Speaking of learning…
What You Will Learn
- Embracing the variables that happen in a race and view them as a better experience
- Why time goals shouldn’t be everything
- Deep explanation of his rented fitness analogy
- How his podcast dispels the myth of what a runner’s life really is
- Why viewing wherever you are as a potential spectrum (example – if you are injured, just try to be your best as an injured runner. Don’t compare yourself to the fittest and healthy version of yourself. That’s not fair and will lead to disappointment and stress.
- And Much More
About Marathon Marcus
- Abbot World marathoner majors 6-star finisher – That’s doing London, Tokyo, Berlin, Chicago, Boston, and New York Marathons
- He’s taken off over 40% on from his first marathon time of 4:55 down to 2:56
- On his running podcast, he’s interviewed some big running names like Seth James De Moore, Kelly On the Run, Ben Parkes, Joe Grey, Charlie Dark just to name a few.
- He co-founded ‘The Black Trial Runners’ which is looking to bring off-road trail awareness to BiPOC runners.
- And when Marcus isn’t running, he’s a father of 2 kids.
- His time management must be amazing!
- Marcus’ 6 star world marathon journey
- Marathon Marcus Instagram
- Black Trail Runners
- Blog Post Article – What’s the point of racing
- Suggested episode to listen to next: Learn how to train from my fitness back story
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
- “I don’ think you ever get the marathon right. It’s more like, how much do you really want it?
- “The more I’ve been able to embrace the unpredictability of the marathon, the better the experience it’s become.”
- “Your healthy. You have two legs. You can run. It’s about gratitude and appreciating where you are.”
- “Fitness is rented. A lot of people run on credit that they owe. That’s when the landord goes “Where’s my money?”
Original Music Used Here
Check Out – Three Thing Thursday
Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign up for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivating tips/tricks/tools/tactics to help you become a better human.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that las lifetime!
Check Out – DLake Coaching
This episode is brought to you by DLake Coaching. Whether you’re 16 or 60, we are all ageing. Setting goals, forming habits, and organising your life isn’t easy. Let us help you because you haven’t reached your peak, yet!