What is a now page? It’s the fine line between an about page, twitter updates, and a biography. The top line story if I were to catch up with an old friend.
Interested in more info or want to make your own? Go here to find out more.
What I’m doing now
(Updated Sep 2022)
- Got overtraining syndrome in April trying to run a 15:59 5k
- Then in early July strained my lower back trying to squat heavy weight with low reps then doing a compound step up movement afterwards (chiro said something about compressed spine, etc.)
- Went a bit dark but found the extra time nice
- I went sub 17 mins twice in 2021 but not nearly as fit as last year.
- Super consistent July, August and September with a nice ramp up in fitness.
- Feeling like I can do a personal record/best time of 1:22:59 for a half marathon
- Stay tuned and follow me on Strava for daily inspiration, motivation and stoic lulz!
Posting up episodes consistently (every 2 weeks) for the last 12 months! This is a record in my books.
Getting a lot of traction with the new Trees & Dlake series. Lots of learning lessons in a short bite sized manner. Listen here.
- In my spare 5-10mins (We all get a few of these per day) I try to write something. Irony is that writing is composed of multiple stages (ideation, research, outlines, treatments, drafts, editing, etc.) and I can do them in spurts of a few mins
- Slightly new and revamped newsletter format (way more fun – subscribe for free now!)
Making random beats really fast (in 5-15mins!) with a new app called Groovebox (works great on iPhone and iPad). A lot of fun!
- Stopped making random beats and starting focusing on writing in my spare 5-10mins off time (and reading)
- Non – Fiction/Documentary – The Everything Store Book about Jeff Bezos and Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (The founder of Nike). I thought it would be a running book. But it’s a business and life book that has a bit of running in it. Such a great story teller/writer.
- Productivity & Learnings – Just reading blogs and such. Going super deep on creating a 2nd brain with Notion and organising all these random notes and ideas I have floating around between email, my head, and other note taking docs. Getting there…
- Fiction – Nothing really on my radar at the moment, biographies seem to be a nice blend of fiction meets real life. Be aware of the narrative fallacy though!
- Way too deep in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and catching up on the last 7 years of things I missed. Right now it’s all the Disney + exclusive stuff (Loki, The falcon & the winter soldier, Wanda vision,etc.)
- Why Marvel? Helps with my storytelling as you can almost see the structure and frameworks they use
- Marvel’s secret sauce is in how they tie the whole MCU together and have overlapping story arcs with characters. That’s always fun.
- Also – I’ve curated and organised all of the hours I’ve spent watching youtube videos. Check it out here.