What is a now page? It’s the fine line between an about page, twitter updates, and a biography. The top line story if I were to catch up with an old friend.
Interested in more info or want to make your own? Go here to find out more.
What I’m doing now
(Updated May 2021)
- Finally went sub 17 minutes and ran 16:47 on 2-May-2021 at Sydney Olympic Park. Watch/read here for the recap and more on that to come soon.
- Early March 2021 I ran a 5:02 mile which I’ll say is sub 5min because of GPS and elevation discrepancies 🙂
- Follow me on Strava for daily inspiration, motivation and stoic lulz!
Posting up episodes consistently (every 2 weeks) for the last 5 months. This is a record in my books. Listen here.
I was asked to write another article for The Podcast Movement this time. I went pretty vulnerable and talked about how a huge failure actually as a blessing and enabled me to help black endurance athletes via my 2nd podcast.
- Wrote and Recorded lyrics to the theme song for my podcast. Listen here! It was actually a lot of fun to get back to making music.
- Finally – All of my DLake Creates music is up on Spotify! Listen to that here.
- Non – Fiction/Documentary – Range by David Epstein – All about why generalists have the keys to the world (not specialists)
Matt Fitzgerald’s – Running the Dream. This is a real-world story about an amateur marathon runner (who is very fast) that is allowed to train with pros for 13 weeks and what happened. If you are a runner, this is 100% for you. Fast and fun read.
- Productivity & Learnings – The last few months I read Range by David Epstein (All about Masters of some/generalists!), Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday, Essentialism by Greg McKeown and Getting Things Done by David Allen. Game changers (for me at least). I also just finished up “Wired for Story” a book about the science behind why we love storytelling.
- Fiction – Reading (Slowly) Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline. It’s got a really fast and easy feeling start similar to the first one.
I’ve curated and organised all of the hours I’ve spent watching youtube videos. Check it out here.