What is a now page? It’s the fine line between an about page, twitter updates, and a biography. The top line story if I were to catch up with an old friend.
Interested in more info or want to make your own? Go here to find out more.
What I’m doing now
(Updated Mar 2021)
- Early March 2021 I ran a 5:02 mile which I’ll say is sub 5min because of GPS and elevation discrepancies 🙂
- Feb – 2 weeks into my proper 15:59 focused 5k and looking alright. Seeing some gaps in my fitness (mainly speed endurance)
- January I properly focused on a “pre-season” which was mostly building consistency around 80% effort over 8 weeks. I slowly increased my volume about 10-15% each week and ending it at 100km (60mi) week.
I then took 7 days off for recovery (60-70% volume with same intensity) and then took 3 days properly off with no running and minimal training (bike commuting – no lifting)
- My annual total for 2020 was a personal record. I had been averaging 100km (61 miles) per week (blog post soon). Looking to continue something close to that.
- In September, I ran the fastest mile (1.6km) I’ve ever run in my life (on a properly marked distanced course). I didn’t think I would be getting faster as I got older, but it’s a thing. Let’s keep rolling with this!
- Follow me on Strava for daily inspiration, motivation and stoic lulz!
- Posting up episodes consistently (every 2 weeks) for the last 3 months. This is def a record in my books. Listen here.
I was asked to write another article for The Podcast Movement this time. I went pretty vulnerable and talked about how a huge failure actually as a blessing and enabled me to help black endurance athletes via my 2nd podcast.
- Wrote and Recorded lyrics to the theme song for my podcast. Link coming soon! Was actually a lot of fun to do and it’s not wack!
- Finally – All of my DLake Creates music is up on Spotify! Listen to that here.
- Non – Fiction/Documentary – Matt Fitzgerald’s – Running the Dream. This is a real-world story about an amateur marathon runner (who is very fast) that is allowed to train with pros for 13 weeks and what happened. If you are a runner, this is 100% for you. Fast and fun read.
- Productivity & Learnings – The last few months I read Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday, Essentialism by Greg McKeown and Getting Things Done by David Allen. Game changers (for me at least). I also just finished up “Wired for Story” a book about the science behind why we love storytelling.
- Fiction – Finished the super fun and quick read – Artemis by Andy Weir (yes, the same guy that wrote The Martian). I actually think this is a better story than the Martian. I have a new rule that I need to read fiction at night. More titles TBA soon.
Finally! I’ve curated and organised all of the hours I’ve spent watching youtube videos. Check it out here.