Everything you need to know about Mike Trees’ Forest Gump-like life
Listen below or on your favorite podcast player
There’s a saying – If you don’t know your history, then you are bound to repeat it.
While it’s a stretch, knowing and understanding other successful endurance athletes’ history might just prove to help you perform better in your life.
In this episode, we go into the archives and get to hear how Mike Trees got started in his 50-year endurance career (He just turned 60 years old and can still run a 17 min, 5k).
Listen on to find out how to train, race and live with purpose for as long as possible on this episode of Trees of DLake.
This is part one of a few, and we end it the episode right before he goes to University. If you’re feeling this we’ll be releasing more types of episodes in the future – let us know on Instagram or email email@example.com
What You Will Learn
- Where Mike is at right now in his fitness, training and racing
- How he got here and the early beginning
- Awesome story about his first race failure and what he learned
- And a lot more!
Episode Highlights and Timestamps
[02:47] What has been going on this training week
[04:55] Breaking down Mike’s history to where he is right now
[06:18] What keeps Mike going
[07:56] Stepping up for the first race
[11:45] Taking lessons from the first race
[16:17] Mike’s failure during his young age
[18:44] Mike at 60
[22:02] Cooldown: Would you rather train on time or distance?
Question Of The Episode
”Would you rather train on time or on distance?
- How & Why I will run faster over the next 10 years – https://dlakecreates.com/run-one-percent-faster/
- Getting into fitness at age 50 and beyond- https://www.marksdailyapple.com/getting-into-fitness-at-age-50-and-beyond
- 6 top tips for running as you get older – https://www.runnersworld.com/training/a20856915/6-tips-for-running-in-your-later-years/
- DLake/Daren Instagram – instagram.com/dlakecreates – Mike Trees – https://instagram.com/run.nrg
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
NRG COACHING (MIKE TREES) – SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by NRG – Coaching which is Mike Trees’ coaching service. Mike coaches beginners to pros and all levels in between.
No one is too fast and no one too slow. They just want a desire to learn and improve.
They focus on 1,500m to marathon running and triathlon training.
NRG Coaching is constantly overbooked, so Instagram and this new podcast venture, gives Mike and the rest of his NRG coaching team a way to reach out to more people.
Contact mike and his team NRG-COACHING.com for more info
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER – SPONSOR
Like what you’re hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation ranging from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sport and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular!