These are the real whole foods you can get anywhere to help with training, racing and recovery.
Listen below or on your favorite podcast player
How much thought do you put into what you eat after a run and how well it will help you recover? If you are like the 3 years ago, it wasn’t much more than “Was it easy to get and am I full – okay I’m good”.
Learn about the eight real foods that you can get anywhere for running recovery.
This is a fun compliment episode to the best supplements for everyday recovery episode that we released a bit ago.
Let’s talk about whole foods… real foods that you can easily find. Not processed packaged foods. Not foods that are seasonal and coming from some part of the world every 6 months. As we are travelling more now for races and training you want to be able to consume them regularly and find them easily.
What You Will Learn & Highlights
- How Mike’s 80/20 training transfers over to nutrition also
- Fun facts about colored rice and white potatoes
- New science around the benefits of peanut butter before marathons helps with performance
- 3:03 | Fish
- 7:24 | Protein Shake/Smoothie
- 9:59 | Rice
- 13:57 | Potatoes
- 17:13 | Berries
- 19:21 | Nut Butters
- 22:00 | Salted Nuts
- and more!
- “To perform better through life it’s not about 5 foods a day. It’s about 30 different unprocessed, natural whole foods”
- “It’s not just about eating one food. It’s about eating a balanced and varied diet for health and fitness gains.”
- “New studies show that peanut butter before racing a marathon might help store carbohydrates”
- “Warning: Your stomach isn’t a bottomless pit. You can eat too many calories with shakes”
- 30 food choices to help boost recovery
- Should you eat after a run even if you’re not hungry?
- 12 foods every runner should avoid
- DLake/Daren Instagram – instagram.com/dlakecreates – Mike Trees – https://instagram.com/run.nrg
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER – SPONSOR
Like what you’re reading/hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sports and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular!
NRG COACHING (MIKE TREES) – SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by NRG – Coaching which is Mike Trees’ coaching service. Mike coaches beginners to pros and all levels in between.
No one is too fast and no one too slow. They just want a desire to learn and improve.
They focus on 1,500m to marathon running and triathlon training.
NRG Coaching is constantly overbooked, so Instagram and this new podcast venture gives Mike and the rest of his NRG coaching team a way to reach out to more people.
Contact mike and his team NRG-COACHING.com for more info